Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do:
Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead,
I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
This Week’s Video:
1. How is Thin Within different from the dieting approaches you have tried.
2. I describe in the video two times I have lost 100 pounds. What are the differences between the two? (One of the differences is that after losing with Weight Watchers, I gained my weight back! Not this time, with Thin Within, though!)
3. What will happen if you look at Thin Within as a diet? What might be the benefits of looking at Thin Within differently than just as a means to losing weight?
4. How has this journey been like riding a horse down the trail? Where are you in the journey? Are you on the ground? Is it time to get back in the saddle? Do you feel tempted to “send the horse packing” and to forget about ever trying this again? How can you strengthen your resolve to stay on the path?
5. What is the difference between celebrating your failures and celebrating what you can learn in your failures? List three things you can learn from your most recent “failures.”
6. In what ways have you seen God’s grace in this journey?
Renewing the Mind
Truth Journal at least once this week. Truth Journaling is a technique I learned from Barb Raveling. It isn’t typical journaling. Watch this video that explains how it works.
Pick One (book or workbook):
We have completed the assignments for the Thin Within trade book. It was a ten-week study for those using the book. However, now would be a great time to go back through the study guide pages and the book itself and complete any exercises or questions you haven’t yet completed. Use this week and next as a chance to catch up. 🙂
How About You?
For new class options, visit our class page.
NOTE: The Webinar wrapping up Lesson 11 on Prayer is here.
I will post the Webinar Lesson 11 Discussion Questions when they are available.
I have watched your video over and over again all morning!
The GRACE that has been extended to me from the Lord…I have finally grasped it fully…and not feeling bad when I am not perfect! : ) I am soo loving this!
I have never ridden a horse…but I LOVE THE HORSE STORY!!! I will never forget it!!
Truth Cards and Truth Journaling has changed my life! I have been able to put on paper what has been happening inside me and I can see more clearly now!!
I am continuing on with the Workbook 2 class!! And I am staying with this grace process that God gives to me for the rest of my life!!
So glad you are hanging in there, Susan. You are such an encourager to others. You are precious to Him and to us!
There is freedom here – why would I want to go back to bondage…I use to hate friday nights because I had to watch myself because I had to get weighed on Sat mornings at WW…I drank so much water on friday to flush out the extra sodium in my system…that was bondage. Freedom is living within God’s boundaries, because His blessings overflow when I am following Him…when I am seeking Him…one of my favorite verses is Jeremiah 29:13..”You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart”(NIV)…What a wonderful promise from the Lord. I am so glad God nudged my heart to check out the TW website 12 weeks ago…I have “fallen off the horse” manytimes but God in his mercy and grace has enabled me to get back up and perservere…I am so glad I don’t have to be perfect, but I just have to be authentic before my God and He is changing me on this journey. Thank you Heidi for allowing God to use you, and Tina to lead the Webcasts and to encourage many and be used by God. He is not just changing my body, but more important God is changing my heart for him.
Hi, Gillian. Thank you so much for posting. Thanks, too, for your kind words. I remember well the bondage of the WW weigh-ins. I am so glad, too, to be free of that! I even cut off a bunch of hair before a weigh-in once. I had to keep my trend of steady loss. I am enjoying my freedom more now than ever…and I can promise you and everyone on this path that JOY COMETH!!!! Wherever you may be… JOY COMETH!!! 🙂