Hi, everyone. I know many of you may have gotten the link for the study starting tomorrow from Barb Raveling’s blog.
That said, I don’t want anyone to be surprised…I use a non-diet approach. Specifically, I use Thin Within. I was the collaborator with the Hallidays for the book and drafted the first edition of the workbook back in 2001. I am pretty entrenched in the material! 🙂 And happy to be! I won’t be talking about dieting during our study. Or at least I would rather not. 🙂
My (very lengthy-desperately-needing-to-be-edited) testimony is here. I hate to ask you to read the entire thing, but it might help to let you know where I am coming from if you don’t already know.
I am looking forward to getting started with you tomorrow.
Some of you are also wondering how this will work. The majority of the studying will be done by YOU! 🙂 You can get out of this study as much as you like, depending on how much time you put into it between Mondays.
- Each Monday, I will post a blog post that recaps the previous assignment and/or what is to come. Some of these may include video. Some may not.
- Monday’s post will typically include an assignment. Pace yourself for the week. Some of it may need to be done as soon as possible. Do as much (or as little) of this assignment as you would like, but I challenge you to dive in deep…go for all you are worth in this! Of course we want the easy fix, but we know that there is no easy fix. We have all lost weight before, but we know that there is more to this. This study will get us digging for the more.
- You will be challenged to work hard. Not at losing weight, but on thinking differently. The internal work you will be encouraged to do, may be challenging! Plan now how you will handle the desire to quit or to ignore this much needed component of our study.
- Between Mondays during the week , I plan to have other content posted for you. Some of it will be related to a topic that I have stumbled upon during the study. Some of it may be more supplementary to the study. Either way, it will be designed to help you as you continue this journey! I hope you will stop by during the week. Follow the blog or subscribe if you want to be notified when new content is posted.
- Remember that this study will focus us more than anything on Renewing Our Minds! This is what will make the HUGE difference. We are going to use Barb’s approach of renewing the mind and apply it to our Thin Within journeys. I believe that these strategies (Barb’s renewing of the mind and Thin Within’s non-diet approach) are HUGELY compatible!
As we prepare for launch tomorrow, just a couple of things I would love for you to do:
…pray for me and for yourself and others studying. Pray that our eyes would be open and for clarity. Pray for unreserved devotion. Pray that we will be “sold out” to the Lord and resign our eating to Him, forsaking an attitude of entitlement! Pray for open hearts and open eyes. He is faithful to answer that prayer.
…ask questions…here now as well as through our study. The more questions you ask, the more clear things will become. Chances are that if you have a question, someone else has that same question, too. If you ask it, others benefit as well.
What do you hope to experience through this study? 🙂 What questions do you have even now?