What a great week we have ahead of us! I am thrilled to see so many of you participating and continuing to post. This is an awesome experience for me.
And I do so hope you had an amazing Resurrection Day pondering the awesomeness of our Jesus’ victory over the grave!
If you are just joining us and have landed on this page, I encourage you to go back to Week 1 and do Day 1 of the study. Then come back here and join us right where we are. The bible studies are each stand-alone, though it is best to lay a foundation with the first one.
(If you are subscribed with email, please come to the blog to view the video.)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y2cVPlDZbQ?rel=0
- Read and do Barb’s material for Day 9 – Evaluation at her blog. Share with us here how your evaluation goes and what changes God prompts you to make. I showed you mine, so you have to show me yours! LOL!
- Read and do Barb’s Day 10 – Emotional Eating study at her blog as well.
- Keep up with your renewing of your mind goal. Do you need to adjust it at all? If so, do so and then be sure to renew your mind numerous times each day.
- Consider creating your own audio file–you can download the files I have at Sound Cloud if you want and put them on your iPod or a CD or record your own voice! Use it to help you to renew your mind when you are driving someplace… after work on the way home, going to pick up the kids at school, on your way to a board meeting. Whatever works, use it!
- Have you tried truth journaling yet? Is this week a week to try it? Here is the link to the blog post that tells about it.
- Continue to post here and participate in community. Remember, each time you comment here OR AT BARB’s blog about this study, we enter your name into the drawing for Friday!
Evaluation was key for me. I realized that I didn’t have secondary boundaries at all. I thought that I did but I hardly followed them. This made eating outside 0-5 very easy. So I have limited myself to 2 to focus on and that has really helped.
What a great insight, CMK!
Heidi, you are such a blessing. Thank you for making these videos! I’m so excited about what God is doing. I will write more later!
Yay, Christina! Thanks so much for your encouragement. 🙂 I am so glad that Jesus can take this cracked pot and do something useful…like pour himself in andspill out all over anyone in splashing range! 🙂 Or that is my hope!
I just left a comment for the accountability that you talked about in the video. I was thinking too that we could have a Facebook group too. That way we can all share and encourage. It’s something I’ve been thinking about. I wouldn’t mind setting it up.
That’s a great idea, Christina! Go for it! 🙂
Heidi, thank you for being so REAL!!
LOL, Lee! My “pleasure!” I just wish “real” wasn’t so….UGLY! 😉
“Keep in mind that there is no perfect boundary that will make it easy to lose weight and keep it off.” Barb says that in question #7. It’s kinda bothering me. Isn’t it staying within boundaries that helps us?
I think the point is EASY. Not weight loss. Does that help? We have a mistaken notion that life should be easy. There is NO boundary out there that will be FUN all the time to keep. If it was fun, we probably wouldn’t consider it a boundary! I hope that helps???
Thanks Heidi! That makes much more sense to me now when the word is focused on ‘easy’.
I’m back again…I really like the 3 suggestions Barb gives about renewing your mind. I have always done very well with writing down scripture on notecards so I think that would be good for me to do at least once a day, especially in the morning. I have been a bit lazy about reading my ‘renewing of the mind’ goal. I have been through many waves of mental struggles over the last 5 weeks. But I am seeing The Lord bringing me closer to his freedom and truth. Praise The Lord!
HEY! HEY! I have an announcement to make! I haven’t broken this secondary boundary (eating in the car) ONCE since I put that in the video for ya all! NO Oreo milkshakes at all! How about that! LOL!
Yay! That’s awesome Heidi! Praise God! And hopefully this doesn’t detour you, but how do you make your oreo milkshake at home?
Ha! It is a secret. I could tell you, but then I would have to kill you. Oops…sorry. My warped sense of humor. I will email you. 🙂