To get class information delivered to your inbox monthly, please subscribe to our newsletter by using the form in the right hand margin.
[Note: For those of you unfamiliar with our Facebook classes, all our groups are “secret,” which means that no one can see your feed from our class except others in the class. In fact, no one can tell the class/group even exists unless they are a member of the class. Your comments and membership remain undisclosed to family and friends who aren’t in the class too.]
Joe and Pam man the phone for Thin Within. They are available at 877 729-8932 Monday through Friday between 9am and 5pm Eastern Time.
Thin Within Workbook #2 Online Group – Free!
February 13– May 7 This study, “Laying a Godly Foundation,” is a continuation of principles and essential themes of the foundation material in Workbook One. Patricia Hodson and Kathryn Felts will facilitate the class. To join, please do the following three things:
1) Visit Patricia Hodson’s Facebook page and click “Add Friend.”
2) Leave Patricia a message that you want to join the workbook two class starting in February.
3) Purchase Workbook Two.
The prerequisite for this class is the completion of Workbook One or the Trade Book. Registration closed. If this is your first time through this workbook or if you are returning, we welcome you and look forward to the amazing things God has planned for our class.
|Feb. 13 – May 7|
Are you –
Join Sara and co-leader, Jonathan Blackburn, for our a 12-week study of the foundations of Thin Within beginning Monday, March 20th. In this class, everyone chooses which of the 4 Thin Within workbooks they will use.
The Thin Within approach is a non-diet, grace-oriented approach to lasting weight loss. It involves no calorie or fat gram counting, nor weighing or measuring food. Thin Within teaches how to choose wisely when eating a variety of foods in response to the natural God given signals of hunger and satisfaction. As a result, participants eat less food and naturally melt down to the size God intended. Success is not in following food rules, but rather in experiencing the transforming power of God’s grace which empowers us to live the abundant life in Christ.
With God’s strength, we can overcome temptation and find true comfort in biblical solutions to deal with everyday frustrations. God provides a permanent solution rather than a quick fix.
This class is for those –
The theme each week is the same, regardless of the Workbook.
Those new to Thin Within will need to order Workbook#1 and others can choose from any of the four Workbooks.
To join this class –
1) Click on this link to visit Sara on Facebook. ….
2) Click on ADD FRIEND
3) Send Sara a message that you want to be added to the March class
– Steps 2 and 3 are required to be added to the class.
4) Purchase your Workbook
5) Watch for introductions around the first week of March
|March 20th – June 12th|
Thin Within – Free!
Many have asked about a class that is not hosted on Facebook. We have delivered! This is an on-going, self-paced study of the Thin Within trade book. To participate in this class, simply visit this website. To start at the beginning, go to this page. We hope that you will comment and interact with one another to establish a bit of community. Please keep in mind that this is not a private venue like the Facebook groups, so when you register for a WordPress account to use, you may want to use a pseudonym. We have veterans who visit frequently to encourage you in your journey and respond to any questions you may have. Come on along! 🙂
|Heidi Bylsma||Ongoing-Work at your own pace!|
Prefer Self-Pacing to go through Workbook #1?
You can also go through the material on your own any time you like. You can request to join our “secret Facebook group” where discussion is ongoing (you have to friend request Heidi Bylsma, first). Even without others to join you, you can enjoy the audios and assignments (including video) available for you here:
- Webinar: Orientation
- Lesson 1 Assignment – “Hope”
- Webinar: Wrap-Up of Lesson 1 – “Hope”
- Lesson 2 Assignment – “My Body, God’s Temple”
- Webinar: Wrap-Up of Lesson 2 – “My Body, God’s Temple”
- Lesson 3 Assignment – “Identity in Christ”
- Webinar: Wrap-Up Lesson 3 – “Identity in Christ”
- Lesson 4 Assignment – “Celebration of God’s Grace, Part 1″
- Webinar: Wrap-Up of Lesson 4 – “Celebration of God’s Grace Part 1”
- Lesson 5 Assignment — “Restoration”
- Webinar: Wrap Up of Lesson 5 – “Restoration”
- Lesson 6 Assignment — “Counting the Cost”
- Webinar: Wrap Up of Lesson 6 – “Counting the Cost”
- Lesson 7 Assignment for the week — “The Fight of Faith”
- Webinar: Wrap Up of Lesson 7 – “The Fight of Faith”– Features Judy Halliday, Founder of Thin Within
- Lesson 8 Assignment for the week — “Celebration of God’s Grace, Part Two”
- Webinar: Wrap Up of Lesson 8 – “Celebration of God’s Grace, Part Two”
- Lesson 9 Assignment –“Building Godly Boundaries”
- Webinar: Wrap Up of Lesson 9 – “Building Godly Boundaries”
- Lesson 10 Assignment — “Forgiveness”
- Webinar: Wrap Up of Lesson 10 – “Forgiveness”
- Lesson 11 Assignments – “Prayer”
- Webinar: Wrap Up of Lesson 11 – “Prayer”
- Lesson 12 Assignment for the week — “Celebration of God’s Grace, Part Three”
- Webinar: Wrap Up of Lesson 12 – “Celebration of God’s Grace, Part Three”
Resources we Use and Make Reference to:
- Barb Raveling’s I Deserve a Donut and Other Lies That Make You Eat
- I Deserve a Donut app for the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Spiral bound set of index cards
These are optional for study, but you will not regret having them! Other resources: