Here is the assignment for Lesson 5 of the HEAL study.
- Consider posting here to the blog what God has been doing in your life by hiding His Word in your heart. Have you found that it has helped you to say no to the flesh when tempted? If you decide to share here (or at your own blog), you might encourage another friend in the Lord to do likewise even without realizing it!
- Read and work through the material in Lesson 5 on pages 89-99.
- Consider responding here at the blog or at your own blog what God shows you through this material.
- Again, if you don’t have the HEAL book, consider getting it! It is a great little book!
- Evaluate: Am I accomplishing day by day the goals that God has for me spiritually, emotionally, and physically? Am I applying myself to the Seven Practical Steps to Healthy Eating? If not, what keeps me from this? What can I do to pursue taking steps that are in agreement with what I say I believe and what I say I believe God wants for my life? (See Hebrews 12:1-4 regarding things that entangle or trip us up…)
- As you work through the material, prayerfully evaluate: Do I have an accurate view of God and His character? Do I have a biblical understanding of “grace?” What can I do to be sure I can answer yes to these questions a month from now?
- Is there anything I need to let go of? Is there anything I need to embrace?
- Do I tend to allow perfectionism and fear of failure cling to me? What do I need to do to break free of this?
- What can I do to move my body joyfully and worshipfully this week?
Friendly reminder: If you focus on God’s character during this journey and foster a posture of praise and gratitude instead of resentment about how little food it takes to truly be physically satisfied, it can radically transform your life. What will you do today to grow gratitude in your life?
Lord, please be with any who are on this HEAL journey and reading this book with us this week. I pray that we might be transformed by the renewing of our minds. I pray that we would grasp how wide and deep, high and long is the love of Christ and know without a shadow of a doubt that we can’t earn your approval or acceptance. You have given it to us freely in Christ. Change each of us I pray. In the name of Jesus, Amen.