I was asked in one of the comments about the schedule, so thought I would post it as a separate post instead of in a response in the comments where it might get buried. 🙂
Here is the schedule – the first link is to the study at Barb’s site. The second link is to the post here with the videos, assignments, etc:
- Setting up your plan: Start with this one! DONE (week 1)
- Careless Eating: It’s just one bite. DONE (week 1)
- Justification Eating: There’s a good reason to break my boundaries. DONE (week 2)
- Indulgent Eating: I don’t feel like following my boundaries. DONE (week 2)
- Appearance Eating: I have to lose weight. Week 3
- Entitlement Eating: I deserve this. Week 3
- Failure Eating: I already broke my boundaries. I might as well eat. Week 4
- Holiday/Vacation Eating: It’s a holiday. Of course I’m going to eat. Week 4
- Evaluation: How are you doing? Use this worksheet to find out. Week 5
I will probably add one that Barb doesn’t have — it is unique to 0 to 5 eaters — “Preventative Hunger Eating.” Week 5
- Emotional Eating: This will make me feel better. Week 6
- Losing-Weight-is-Hard Eating: I’ll start again tomorrow. Week 6
- Hopeless Eating: I’ll never get over this. I might as well eat. Week 7
- Good Food Eating: Hey, that looks good. I should eat it. Week 7
- Bad Scale Eating: I didn’t lose weight. I might as well eat. Week 8
- Social Eating: She’s eating. I should eat. Week 8
Then I will probably have a wrap up during a week 9. A chance for us to debrief about some things and a looking forward to what might be next.
As of now, I plan to use the Thin Within workbook with a RENEWING OF THE MIND focus for a study to follow this one.
So, how is it going for you all? Is this study helpful? Is your thinking changing? Do you see any differences in the way you act that you can tie to changes in your thinking?
If you feel like you are stuck in the same-old same-old, I want to encourage you to ask yourself this question…what am I willing to do differently so that I get different results? If you haven’t been working on the renewing of your mind, start there! 🙂