Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition,
with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding,
will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
~ Philippians 4:6-7
This Week’s Video:
1. God wants me ____________ more than he wants me ________________.
2. Can you stop the video and pray about your desire to release weight, or to defeat your anorexic tendencies, or your bulimia or…? How about stopping and doing so now and waiting just a bit in his presence. If you feel led, share with the community here at the blog what you dared to ask the Lord for.
3. What is the one “rule” that I mention? What part does prayer play for you in this journey? Is there room for growth? How so? Is there a way you can be intentional about it?
4. Have you been keeping a God List? If this is new to you, have a look here for what a God List is and how to create one. It can be transformative!
5. Have you used your God List to do a Praise Fest? Here is a series of posts about the Praise Fest and also links to Sound Files that are examples of what a praise fest might look like. When I exalt God, I am not likely to exalt myself! Give it a try! Share with us what happens.
- Sound Cloud Praise Fest Play List
- Written Praise Fest Blog Post
- Another written Praise Fest Blog Post
- Soothing for My Soul in Praise Fest
- Return To Praise
- Praise Him!
- A Thanksgiving Day Praise Fest
6. Can you think of a time when it might help you in your journey if you were to have a Praise Fest?
7. How can Praise and Gratitude profoundly affect our journey? “Instead of proclaiming myself as ________ over my life, I proclaim Him __________ over my life” (04:24). Why does this matter?
8. Praise is _______________________________________________. (05:30)
9. Gratitude is _____________________________________________. (05:35)
10. When I struggle with obedience, there are three questions I can ask (05:58). What are they?
11. How do these three things relate to Prayer?
12. What difference can any of this make to you?
Renewing the Mind
This week, ask the Lord in prayer to make you aware of any lies that you still believe. Invite him to show you HIS “Big T Truth” that can replace any lies or, even, “little t truths” that you are giving too much sway in your life. Create new truth cards from what He shows you.
Pick One (book or workbook):
We have completed the assignments for the Thin Within trade book. It was a ten-week study for those using the book. However, now would be a great time to go back through the study guide pages and the book itself and complete any exercises or questions you haven’t yet completed. Use this week and next as a chance to catch up. 🙂
How About You?
We have a new class starting up on the heels of this one. On March 31st (the same day as our last webinar for this class), Karon Ruiz is launching into a study of workbook #2 in the series. Visit our class page for more information.
NOTE: The Webinar wrapping up Lesson 10 on Forgiveness is here.
Here are the Webinar Lesson 10 Discussion Questions on Forgiveness.
Heidi, THANK YOU for all the wonderful resources! I have listened to your Praise Fests on Soundcloud before…but I had not found those wonderful blog posts on Praise Fests! I am going to do this! I am sooo inspired!! I have written my God list but these resources will help me to take it to a whole new level!!! : )
I LOVE praying God’s Word…it is a wonderful way to get His Word in me! And of course, it is the how He wants us to approach Him..by standing on His promises! I always make it personal and add my name into the verse, cause God is talking to me!!
Over 35 years ago, I found this wonderful resource in learning to pray God’s Word: the book, Prayers that Avail Much by Germaine Copeland. Here is the website: http://www2.prayers.org/prayer-search.html. Praying God’s Word has grounded me and secured me and it has changed my life forever!
I am so glad you found them, Susan. Also, I have more tools for building intimacy with God at http://www.heidibylsma.com/blog/ Thanks, as always for your continued encouragement. You are such a gift! 🙂