Last week’s study of our Identity in Christ provided so much great material for our deck of truth cards. I hope you added some new cards to your deck and are reveling in the wonder of who GOD says you are! If you haven’t yet seen it, this Who I Am in Christ document is filled with wonderfully rich truth gleaned from the Scriptures!
The recording of our webinar where we wrapped up Lesson 3, Identity in Christ, can be found here. I will share the discussion questions for the webinar as soon as they are available. You will probably want Tina’s Power Point Slides in pdf format to have in front of you while you listen. 🙂
Now, we CELEBRATE that wonderful NEW thing that God is clearly doing! His grace is an ocean and we are ALL sinking! We are covered, saturated, and floating in an ocean of grace. So far removed from our sin, condemnation is something so foreign to our God’s way of relating to us, “God’s Riches At Christ’s Expense” is free though it cost Jesus everything.
Here is this week’s video:
1. How is Thin Within different from dieting relative to this subject of “Grace?”
2. God’s intent is that I would _p___________ the __g_________ to myself every day. What are ways you can do that?
3. How can you identity with 2 Corinthians 12: 7-10?
4. Some people are delivered and never experience a struggle with food and eating again. (I don’t know that I have ever met someone like this, but I am sure they exist.) What is the more likely type of healing that most of us will experience?
5. God’s grace is a pardon, provision, a constant _p_________, and the p____________ to say no to sin. (03:25)
6. Where does the sense of failure come from that I bring into Thin Within? (03:35)
7. God takes __f__________ and __r______________s it. (04:29)
8. What does grace give us? (04:55)
9. How is Observation and Correction a tool of grace?
10. (06:32-07:19) What are some strategies mentioned that you can employ when you struggle with obeying the Lord?
11. (07:50) What are two tools that I challenge you to dive into this week? How can you try to carve time out for this?
Renewing the Mind – Pressing On
Select one new way of renewing your mind this week. Will it be to journal through some of the questions in I Deserve a Donut? I have been at this imperfectly since 1999 and I still feel like I need to renew my mind at least once each day. Barb’s book is one of my favorite ways of doing this!
At our class’ private Facebook group page, some of the members have been posting pictures of their truth cards. They are absolutely wonderful! You could use some of the ideas there (or come up with your own) and add to your spiral bound deck of index cards. What do you do with the cards? Read through at least 5 of them each day…out loud. We can act differently, but we won’t sustain the behavior changes until we learn to think differently! Renewing our minds (Romans 12:2) is a great way of doing that.
If you need more ideas for renewing your mind, click on this search here at the Thin Within blog.
Trade Book Assignment – To Be Completed by February 3rd.
Here is Study Guide Week 4. I hope you are encouraged as you make your way through the material.
Workbook Assignment – To Be Completed by February 3rd.
1. Read, highlight, mark Lesson 4, Celebration of God’s Grace, Part One, on pages B48-B53 or listen to the audio file of Lesson 4 at Sound Cloud. Discuss it here in the comments section below this post or at our Class Facebook Group.
2. Complete the exercises for Lesson 4 on pages B54-B60. Next Monday before the webinar, respond to the Review questions on page B-61.
3. Continue to add to your “God List.” Can you add 10 things this week? What is your favorite attribute of God that you have added to your list so far?
4. Have a Praise Fest this week when you are tempted to break your boundaries. Share with us how doing so affected you.
5. Use the entries for Day 16 through Day 28 in the Temple Toolkit. Continue to ask the Lord if you should use the Thin Within Food Log, remaining sensitive to HIS leading about this. You can also consider a modified use of it by just recording your hunger numbers. Again, this is optional.
6. Memorize Jeremiah 29:11 this week. Personalize it and add it to your truth cards. “God has plans for me. God plans to prosper me and not to harm me. He plans to give me a hope and a good future.”
7. If you haven’t already, you probably soon will experience a shift in how emotionally sensitive you are. If so, know that this is perfectly normal. We aren’t numbing ourselves with food any more. Emotions we didn’t even know we felt will surface. Ask the Lord to help you process them in a manner that honors him and demonstrates respect for your body, His temple!
How About You?
How is the journey going? What questions do you have? Is there any way that you can offer just a bit more of your heart to the Lord in this?